Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Foraging.

I love to forage...forage through used bookstores, eclectic boutiques, thrift stores (I am looking for old Le Creuset pans), small grocery stores, and especially I love to forage for ingredients. Daily, you can find me at one of these spots Whole Foods, Sprouts, Central Market, Kroger, Natural Grocers, and Braum's buying something for tonight's meal, but when it comes to FCC my food scouting becomes obsessive. I spend at least the 7 days prior to an FCC event scouring the shelves, stalls, and food stores all over Dallas. Here is a sample of the places and purveyors that stock the FCC pantry...Hope you too, will support these local businesses!

Dallas Farmers Market
Georgia' Farmers Market (Plano)
Treaty Oak Rum (donated to FCC) Fabulous Product!
Tom Spicer (Fitzghugh area)
Nitschke Beef - (has donated to FCC in the past) - grass finished beef!
Oak Cliff Coffee - (has donated to FCC in the past) - wonderful roaster
Henry's Homemade Ice Cream
Lucky Layla Dairy
Rehoboth Ranch
Windy Meadows

Maybe you know people or CSA's that I do not...let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment